When you go to clean out your gutter, you might notice that certain areas are sagging away from your roof. This can cause damage to your roof, fascia, and the gutters themselves, not to mention prevent the gutters from doing their job. It’s extremely important to get this problem fixed before it becomes a bigger issue that may cost you in the future. If you have sagging gutters, try these methods to fix them as soon as possible.
Fix the Spikes
If your gutters are held up with spikes:
- First, try to hammer them back in to straighten them.
- If that doesn’t work, check your fascia to ensure the spikes are in line with the nails that attach your fascia to the rafter end. If they’re not, remove the spike, drill a new hole into the edge of the gutter, place a new spike and ferrule, and hammer the spike in.
- If you do this and the spike still won’t hold, you may have rotted wood as a result of water damage, so you’ll need to call a carpenter to help you repair the rafter.
Fix the Brackets
If your gutters are held up with brackets:
- Check the bracket to see if it’s bent or loose.
- If it’s bent, simply bend it back into shape to ensure it fits your gutter. You may also have to reattach it.
- If it’s loose, you should reattach that section of the gutter with a spike. If the brackets are nailed to your fascia, you’ll need to unclip them to remove the gutters before adding the spikes.
The main cause of sagging gutters is pooling water that has nowhere to go because leaves and debris clog the gutters and downspouts. Keystone Gutter Helmet’s gutter protection system prevents debris from getting into your gutters in the first place. This is the BEST OPTION for your gutter protection needs.
Here are the benefits:
- We give you the option of special-purpose reinforced gauge installation brackets with custom installation. These are meant to strengthen and support your gutters in heavy snowfalls and rainfalls. It helps prevent birds and animals from entering your gutters. We are also trained in fascia-mounted systems that don’t touch the roof.
- We have a patented metal texturing process and horizontal-rib design that is engineered to provide maximum strength and performance with minimum weight and stress onto the gutters of your home. They are specially coated to resist scratches and peeling and protect against UV light and acid rain.
- We are the industry leader that has been installing quality systems over existing gutters for over 25 years.
We won’t have to climb those ladders anymore to fix your sagging gutters. You can avoid this task by hiring a professional like us to fix your gutter problems.
We will help you fix the gutter problem and prevent them from clogging and overflowing gutters that can lead to rot and damage of landscaping, lawn, shrubbery, walls, fascia boards and soffit, foundation, basement, crawl spaces and existing gutter system.
Keystone Gutter Helmet
At Keystone Gutter Helmet, we have a gutter helmet protection system that keeps leaves, pine needles, and other debris out of your gutters. We ensure that your home’s gutters remain free flowing. Our system deters rodent, bird, mosquito, and other harmful infestations. Gutter Helmet is the original gutter protection system and is one of the best gutter guards on the market.
Contact Keystone Gutter Helmet at 610-372-4383 today to learn more about the benefits of installing the Gutter Helmet gutter protection system from us. You won’t have the hassle of getting up on the ladder and doing it yourself.