Do you notice that your gutters are spilling over when it rains? How about pools of water around your downspouts? If you have, it’s probably because you’re not taking proper care of your gutter system. If you want to avoid damage to your home, you need to start caring for your gutters and downspouts.
How Debris Affects Your Gutters:
Leaves and debris harm your gutters in two main ways:
- They prevent water from flowing out. If your gutters are full of leaves, water will have nowhere to go and will pool and spill over your gutters or back onto your roof.
- They weigh your gutters down. Once that water starts pooling, it will heavily weigh on your gutters, pulling them away from your fascia and potentially even causing cracks and tears.
Caring Your Gutters and Downspouts:
- Work Gloves
- Garden shovel or gutter scoop
Once you have your tools, it’s time to start cleaning:
- Start by one downspout, and scoop away debris in the gutter.
- Dump the debris into the bucket, and carefully move along the gutter.
- Once you have all the main gunk gone, use your hose to flush out the remaining debris and leave your gutters spotless.
- Important: Make sure to have someone holding the ladder while you’re on it and to wear shoes with a good grip so you don’t fall.
Did that sound exhausting just reading it? (It probably did.) You can avoid all of that work by installing Gutter Helmet to prevent leaves and debris from landing in your gutters in the first place.
With a gutter protection system from Keystone Gutter Helmet, you’ll never have to clean your gutters again! Custom-fit and meant to last a lifetime, Gutter Helmet will provide you with a world of convenience. For more information or to get a free quote, please call us at 610-372-4383.