Have you ever heard the phrase “look good outside, feel good inside?” While it’s usually used in reference to people who put a little more effort into their appearance when they don’t feel that great, in this instance, we’re talking about the outside of your home. Your home’s exterior is the first impression people get of where you live, so you should want it to look it’s best. These are the easiest ways to get your exterior sparkling.
- When to Do It: Twice a year
- What to Use: Power washing is a good way to get your siding clean. You can add a bit of bleach to the water you’re using, but some people also like using a teaspoon of trisodium phosphate for every three liters of water.
- How to Do It: Work up and down in one-meter sections. Besides your home’s exterior, this also works on painted wood and ornamental rocks.
- When to Do It: Whenever there are grease stains on your pavement
- What to Use: Sawdust, nylon brushes, bleach, and or kitty litter.
- How to Do It: Sprinkle the sawdust on the grease stain, and let it sit for a few hours before pouring powdered dish soap on it, scrubbing the spot with the nylon brush, and rinsing it. You can also pretreat the spot with bleach or use kitty litter for smaller spots.
- When to Do It: A few times a year or when they get especially dirty from bad weather.
- What to Use: Warm water and some dish soap. You can add a bit of cornstarch to avoid streaks and some alcohol to help the windows dry faster.
- How to Do It: Wipe the windows horizontally, making sure to miss any spots.
Another spot on your home’s exterior that needs regular cleaning is your roof. It takes the biggest beating from the weather, and a dirty roof could allow for damage to your home.
Keystone Gutter Helmet technicians are professionally trained and equipped for roof cleaning and stain prevention. We can safely restore your roof to its original color and keep it that way without harsh chemicals or pressure cleaning. For more information or to get a free quote, call 610-372-4383.